The executive council consists of 2 ex officio members and 4 rotating members representative of the breadth of organizations on the full committee.
- Director of U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service or his/her designee (permanent): Jerome Ford, Assistant Director, Migratory Birds
- Chair of Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies Bird Conservation Committee or his/her designee (permanent): Gordon Myers, Director, North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission
- Federal Agency representative: Greg Butcher, U.S. Forest Service
- State Agency representative: Vacant
- Non-governmental representative: Tammy VerCauteren, Executive Director, Bird Conservancy of the Rockies
- Bird Initiative representative: David Whitehurst, Director, Bureau of Wildlife Resources, Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries, representing Partners in Flight