To achieve this goal, our partnership is undertaking a three step process:
- Identify a short list of programs that have broad importance across the majority of the bird conservation community
- Develop or compile national-level, up to date messaging for each of these programs and distribute broadly among bird conservation partners
- Develop a strategy to engage partners in this coalition and further coordinate and unify advocacy efforts.
Ultimately, we strive for a broad base of partners that use coordinated, national-level messaging to demonstrate how five national programs are broadly applicable across bird community. In April 2016, this coalition released national-level messaging for five priority programs: for each program, we provide an overview of its importance for bird conservation, and our “5 Programs Overview Messaging” document demonstrates how these five programs combined support national-level, all-bird conservation.
Projects, Products, and Resources
- 5 Programs Overview Messaging
- State Wildlife Grant Messaging
- Farm Bill Messaging
- North American Wetlands Conservation Act Messaging
- Neotropical Migratory Bird Conservation Act Messaging
- Joint Venture Messaging
This team led the effort to identify priorities and develop core messages; messaging was developed in collaboration with several other members of the bird conservation community.
Initial Core Team
NABCI Coordinator/Team Lead
Nebraska Fish and Game/AJVMB Chair
Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks
Jen Mock Schaeffer